Thanks to Chris B. for this one. I had heard of E-Dubble before and his ambitious Freestyle Fridays where he puts out a new song every Friday. A lot of them are pop sample-based (like this one that samples Hanson). You’ll be seeing more of E-Dubble because dude has mastered the art of catchy. I cut the last part out of this song because it is him just talking (it wouldn’t work too well in the youtube playlist) but he talks about how a lot of rappers need to get off there high horses and step away from the “esoteric” rap. I think that is a valid point. RJD2 in a video I posted on CHH earlier says that sampling something poppy is “too easy” but while that may be, the easy stuff makes for one dance-able song. And that is also assuming that the artist samples the “easy” tune well which is a big if. It is really all about what the rapper/producer does with it. E-Dubble really killed this one.
Recent Top Posts
- @heibrid_ @kmang_ @ekbrekke Semi-Charmed Life or bust 1 month ago
- RT @DecaMusic: Check out the @HipHopDX premiere of my new video "Waiting"! The first single from my upcoming album Forest Agates. https://t… 1 year ago
- RT @Nick__Bentley: Here's #Stinker challenge no. 4 - I'll declare the winner June 26 at 2:15 EST. Please Retweet! @FoxMind http://t.co/sQW0… 2 years ago
- @Nick__Bentley @FoxMind TATA TOT DEARTH 2 years ago
- RT @ECIDfitb: Pheromone Heavy is now available on bandcamp! ecid.bandcamp.com/album/pheromon… #PheromoneHeavy RT 2 years ago