DJ Danger Mouse did a whole album called the Grey Album which is arguably a break through on a couple of levels. First, his claim to fame was definitely this album when it came out in 2004. Originally he made the mash-up of the Beatles White album with Jay-Z’s Black Album as a disc for his friends but it was eventually leaked on the internet. It became a huge hit in the underground and Rolling Stone even wrote about it. I would also say this is breakthrough because it seemed to popularize what we see a lot now: the mash-up. I feel like Girl Talk might owe some of his success to the Danger Mouse for pioneering the way with the Grey Album. I would definitely find this album if you haven’t heard it yet. I picked this track just because I thought it was fun, something that could be played at a party or something. Definitely Catchy.
Recent Top Posts
- @heibrid_ @kmang_ @ekbrekke Semi-Charmed Life or bust 7 months ago
- RT @DecaMusic: Check out the @HipHopDX premiere of my new video "Waiting"! The first single from my upcoming album Forest Agates. https://t… 1 year ago
- RT @Nick__Bentley: Here's #Stinker challenge no. 4 - I'll declare the winner June 26 at 2:15 EST. Please Retweet! @FoxMind http://t.co/sQW0… 2 years ago
- @Nick__Bentley @FoxMind TATA TOT DEARTH 2 years ago
- RT @ECIDfitb: Pheromone Heavy is now available on bandcamp! ecid.bandcamp.com/album/pheromon… #PheromoneHeavy RT 3 years ago